This book of trios includes ten classic holiday pieces, optimized for beginning band instruments, in both lead sheet and trio format!
This "survival kit" of 10 pieces (roughly Level .5-2.5) are carefully arranged to allow any combination of instruments to play! This kit features a variety of holiday pieces in both lead sheet and trio form, perfect for lessons, caroling or even use during the concert season. Make as many copies for your classroom as you'd like and use them however you want!
Please note that the chords in the lead sheets are written in the key of each instrument. If you'd like to accompany a soloist or ensemble, be sure to read the lead sheet of an instrument in concert Bb (flute/oboe, trombone, etc.)
By purchasing the Full Band Set of the trio books, you will also receive the XML source file. This will allow you to create custom booklets and adapt the trios as you see fit to your specific students.
- Good King Wenceslas
- Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
- Joy to the World
- Silent Night
- Jingle Bells
- Deck the Halls
- O Come, All Ye Faithful
- Hark! The Herald, Angels Sing
- Up on the Housetop
- Auld Lang Syne
Keys, ranges and voicings are carefully selected to make these trios playable on any combination of instruments. For example...
- Only the top part crosses the break on the clarinet
- Both a high and low book is included for tenor saxophone
- Optional notes and octaves are provided for brass instruments, especially for lower parts
- Bari Sax, Bass Clarinet and Tuba parts include root position voicings for the lowest part
- Harmonies are simplified to reduce the number of accidentals